Rare Mercury Dimes
Designed by Adolph A. Weinman and struck by the United States Mint from 1916 - 1945, silver Mercury Dimes are highly sought after amongst serious coin collectors. With its 90% silver and 10% copper composition, the Mercury Dime can be worth a small fortune. Mercury dimes, also known for several key dates, often fetch hundreds and even thousands of dollars. Our large selection of Mercury Dimes for sale will appease collectors in search of a quality piece that clearly depicts the mythological goddess Liberty with her Phrygian cap. Silver Mercury dimes from U.S.S.Q. are graded using strict Photograde standards.
Grading Mercury Dimes
- Slight detail to wing. Must have full date. Rims may slightly touch lettering, fasces have little or no detail.
VG7 Very Good
- Full date and rims. Some feathering on wing. Approx. half of fasces lines visible.
- Approx. half of feathering on wing noticeable. All vertical lines are noticeable with magnifying glass.
VF20 Very Fine
- Most of feathering noticeable. Bold rims and date. Full vertical lines noticeable.
EF40 Extremely Fine
- Nearly all feathers visible. Vertical lines and continuous and some diagonal lines raised.
AU50 Almost Uncirculated
- Slight wear to high point of wing. Full vertical and horizontal lines, with only slight wear on diagonal lines. Some mint luster visible.