The Barber Quarter
was minted from 1892 - 1916. They were designed by the chief engraver at the U.S. Mint, Charles E. Barber. These coins have a composition of 90% and 10% copper containing .18084 troy ounces of silver making them very popular with collectors. The Barber Quarter was minted at the Denver, Philadelphia, New Orleans and San Francisco mints. The diameter of these coins is 24.3mm and they have a reeder edge. We carry a large selection of Barber Quarters in many grades and prices for any budget.
Grading Barber QuartersG4 Good
- Date and letters plain. LIBERTY is obliterated. VG7 Very Good
- At least three letters visible in LIBERTY. F12 Fine
- All letters in LIBERTY visible, though some are weak. VF20 Very Fine
- All letters of LIBERTY plainly even EF40 Extra Fine
- All letters in LIBERTY are sharp, distinct. Headband edges are distinct. AU50 Almost Uncirculated
- Slight traces of wear on the hair, cheekbone and leaf tips in wreath.